This is a full time, on-site, salaried Senior Rails Developer position located in Hoboken, NJ paying $150,000-$160,000 a year depending on experience + benefits + relo if required. No telecommuting allowed. US Citizens or Green Card holders only please. Local candidates preferred, but client will pay relocation expenses if needed. Full job/client details shared with qualified applicants.
This opportunity blends the best of both worlds: a fast-paced, nimble startup with the financial resources of a large, publicly traded company. With the financial backing of a multi-million dollar company, this project is well-funded.
This will be the first critical hire reporting directly to the newly-hired CTO, a seasoned technology professional who has launched several startups, and scaled them to 200+ employees, through successful acquisitions. This is a unique opportunity to get in on the ground floor. Ideally, the Tech Lead will grow into a Director of Engineering within 12 months. The Tech Lead will have an important voice in the application’s architecture. Dream candidate will have several programming languages under his or her belt, able to produce clean, well-designed code.
* Strong knowledge of software architecture and design
* Extensive experience working with open-source projects
* Experience building websites using a variety of open-source platforms and technologies
* Experience building scalable web apps
Bonus points for:
* Numerous published Rails sites
* Other web languages or frameworks (PHP, Django, Node.js, etc)
* Mobile development experience
If you are interested in this job, please submit your resume and salary requirements to opensourcestaffing|AT|gmail.com