This is a full time, on-site, salaried Build Engineer position located in New York City paying to 130,000 per year depending on experience + benefits. No telecommuting allowed. US Citizens or Green Card holders only please. Local candidates only. Full job/client details shared with qualified applicants.
Our New York City client is looking for a Build Engineer to support and evolve the build & deployment infrastructure. If you like to get your hands dirty and have a passion for build, release, and configuration management, then this job is for you!
* Improve and maintain build automation for continuous integration
* Have ownership over the stability of our git code repository, test & integration builds, and deployment
* Maintain, administer, and upgrade our build systems on a regular basis, including init scripts
* Develop and support our build / release tools and processes for an ever-changing development organization
* Coordinate with a dedicated off-site server operations team to build out and maintain test, QA staging, and production environments
* Experience implementing and maintaining complex build / release systems in a Unix / Linux and / or Mac environment
* In-depth knowledge of source control systems, such as: git, jira, etc
* Knowledge of software engineering practices, including: continuous integration, configuration management, build optimization, and deployment
* Experience building open-source based products (we use Scala, Java, Ruby, etc.)
* General Linux Systems Administration-level knowledge and debugging / troubleshooting skills
* Experience in installing, configuring, and debugging open-source software
If you are interested in this job, please submit your resume and salary requirements to opensourcestaffing|AT|gmail.com