This is a full time, on-site, salaried LAMP Developer position located in New York City paying to 85,000 per year depending on experience + benefits. No telecommuting allowed. US Citizens or Green Card holders only please. Local candidates only please unless in the process of relocating to NYC. Full job/client details shared with qualified applicants.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with our small talented team of developers on a number of large high profile websites. This role is for a back-end PHP developer who will be working on site features for our websites as well as components of our shared framework. The candidate must have at least 3 years of experience developing on a PHP-based MVC framework and demonstrate an excellent understanding of object-oriented programming. A degree in Computer Science is strongly preferred. The candidate must be a conscientious developer who can build new features, iterate on existing features, write test scripts, unit test their code, and take part in code reviews with other developers.
* Back-end development experience in PHP 5, and a strong understanding of Object Oriented Programming within an MVC framework
* Experience with SPL
* Experience working on a high traffic web site
* Solid understanding of general principles of caching and scaling websites, including configuring and optimizing Memcached, Apache, and MySQL
* Experience working on a Media website is a plus
* A preoccupation with staying on top of industry trends and technologies
If you are interested in this job, please submit your resume and salary requirements to opensourcestaffing|AT|gmail.com