This is a full time, on-site, salaried Linux Admin / Digital Applications Administrator position located in Hoboken, NJ paying 100,000 to 120,000 per year depending on experience + benefits. No telecommuting allowed. US Citizens or Green Card holders only please. Local applicants preferred. Full job/client details shared with qualified candidates.
Join the new startup business launched by a leading brand in the health / fitness / diet space. You’ll be working as part of a small 10 person team in an agile, fast-paced development environment focused on building mobile apps for millions of subscribers.
* Linux administration (shell scripting and troubleshooting experience is a must)
* Knowledge of monitoring and event notification systems
* Expertise in LAMP stack, scripting, Apache web server administration, configurations and load balancing setups is preferred
* Willingness to learn new skills and technologies (Ruby on Rails, JRuby, PostgreSQL, Php, and Java)
* Knowledge of fault detection and resolution processes
* Ability to work well both independently and with other team members as well as developers
* Ability to multi-task as required and provide rapid support in production
* Effective communication skills (both verbal and written)
* May be required to work long hours under pressure while resolving critical issues
* Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or related field, and at least 7+ years of relevant experience
* 5+ years of relevant cloud-based application & environment administration experience
If you are interested in this job, please submit your resume and salary requirements to opensourcestaffing|AT|gmail.com